Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our home office.....a work in progress


This past year we have been working on our "junk room", turning it into a computer/office/den.
It had always been used as our office, but it looked more like a storage room-for junk!
(Think mismatched, ugly furniture and no hidden storage.)
If you want to see a before picture click here.
It has been a long, slow process, which still isn't quite finished, but we enjoy the room so much.
Thanks to my husband for his hard work!

I hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend!
Back to work tomorrow.......


JoAnn

P.S. The winner of my give-a-way was Angie M.
I'll post what she won later. (I don't want to ruin the big surprise for her. Haha!)

I linked up to Mary's Little Red House Mosaic Monday. Go check out some fun mosaics.

By the way, does anyone know how you "grab a button" from a blog?



14 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, we also have the same George Washington print and a trunk like yours (though yours was owned by richer people because of the curved top, ours is flat.) and remember we have the same area rug. I wonder what else we have the same in our homes. It would be fun to find out. We should do a "virtual" home tour.

Holly said...

I just found something else. The box on the left in your top left photo. We really need to meet each other some day. I already like you. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

The den is really starting to come together. I love how it's turning out.

Claudia said...

One of my all time pictures is the George Washington one.

I always stop a moment and think how he really under the most trying circumstances got this wonderful country started in the right direction...following a wonderful prayer.

Great job-- thanks for sharing the process.

If you get a moment would love for you to stop by and say hi!

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

Kathy said...

Love your office mosaic - looks like a beautiful room. And by the way, you still look like your 3rd grade picture!
Have a beautiful new week...Kathy

Vintage Rose Studio said...

Great work on your revamp - nice mosaic too! thx for sharing!
Gena of
Vintage Rose Studio

Marg said...

Forget grabbing a button...I couldn't even rotate a photo last night...until my friend came to the rescue...
I noticed you have the same French doors as I do...LOL and I also noticed you have some words engraved on your wall in black print...
Looks like our homes also reflect some similiarities.

Holly said...

Hey JoAnn, if the button is HTML I just wrote about it on my design blog... you can check it out here.... mitchellavenue.blogspot.com

Let me know if you still need help!

eileeninmd said...

It is a beautifully decorated room. I love that trunk.
Great photos and mosaic.

Small House said...

You have a wonderful home office! I'd never show a picture of ours. AUGH!!!

Congrats to ANgie!!
Sandra

Mary said...

What a terrific job on your home office -- beautiful! My "junk room"is still very much filled with junk, but I hope to get working on it this spring. :)

Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

BTW, to grab a button, copy the HTML code (the text in the little box underneath the picture). Then at the top of your blog, click on "Customize" and then on "Add a Gadget." Choose "HTML/Java Script." Paste the HTML code that you copied into the box that appears and click "Save."

That should do it. :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your home office looks so nice JoAnn! My husband and I have our computer desks in our finished basement and although it's a nice big room it gets rather chilly this time of the year.

I've always loved that painting of George Washington. He is my favorite president. I've blogged about many places in NYC which he frequented during the revolution and as president. I always seem to be finding out more about him all the time :-)

Shining Windows said...

love your third grade photo!!!

Carol said...

It's really coming together beautifully!