(photo from Google.com)The holidays are over.
(check out my give-away below)
All the decorations are packed up and put away.
(My sister Linda said putting away all the stuff is like giving birth-
good thing we have a year to forget how hard it is!)
Everyone has gone home.
It's time to go back to work.
The next fun holiday is over a month away.
Sometimes January gives me the winter doldrums.
I find myself looking for some "projects" to get excited about.
My friend Sandi gave me this idea and it sounds like a lot of fun.
Next time it snows (the really good, wet kind that sticks together) go looking for a yard with a snowman in it. Sneak back during the evening and carefully move the snowman to the front porch. Leave them a copy of a fun snowman book along side their snowman.
(You might want to do this to someone you know-just in case you get caught!)
I love books written by the Buehners (great stories and amazing illustrations) and they have a fun one called
"Snowmen at Night".
It is written by Caralyn Buehner, illustrated by her husband Mark, and costs $5.95 at Scholastic. (go here for details.)
It is a story of what a snowman might really do and it actually moves to the front door of the family's house.
If you would like to win a copy of this book and some other surprise things that go with it, please leave a comment on by blog. I'll close the contest next Saturday (January 9th) at 12:00 midnight.I'm sure there are other fun books to use, too.
What do you do to get excited this time of year?
♥
JoAnn
"Snowmen fall from heaven...unassembled."
-anonymous
26 comments:
What a cute idea! I too get the January blues - all the magic from the holidays gone for another 12 months. This year I am going to do a "Feel Great in 8" challenge to put my January to good use.
I love Snowmen at Night, and would never have thought of leaving a snowman on someone's porch! What a fun joke to play... we really may have to try that sometime... :)
I love this story & think it would be tons of fun to try, I'll be watching for a snowman to move. Please enter me in your fun drawing! Love ya, Jenni C.
I have not read that book but I have heard of the author....
But, I know that I would be the perfect type of person to help you move that snowman to the front porch.
You have just given me another idea....
I have picked up some knitting, and am making some scarves for my daughters up coming birthdays.
I am also getting ready for the OLYMPICS. I'm very enthusiastic about the upcoming event.
My skis are also ready to go for a week...
I can feel the doldrums..speaking of that my teacher daughter just called and said, she is getting ready for tomorrow....
This is the CUTEST story. Every Christmas season I think I'll purchase it, and then I don't.
How nice to have a giveaway!!
Have a great day.
Sandra
I LOVE January because our house gets so cluttered and out of control over the holidays. I can send everyone back to school and work and clean up the place. Ahhhh. We have Snowmen at Christmas, but I have never read Snowmen at Night. I might have to do that to our own kids. That would be funny.
I too love this book. I agree that January is a tough month... actually to me the whole spring semester of school gets to be like that since the only real holiday break we get is spring break. And that would be really funny to put a snowman on someones porch.
Oh count me in for the giveaway!!! How fun. We missed you this holiday season, sorry we didn't make it down. We hope you are all doing great!
I don't think I have read that one yet. I love children's books. Do you already own that one? Maybe I should just borrow it.
Katie C.
I can see a snowman party in our future! We need ski masks over our faces when we ditch it on a porch. Can't wait.
Preston would love that book! Please count him in.
I love it! We always want new children's books. It was fun to spend time with you on New Years Eve!!
Last time I was at my sister's they were building snowmen, that would be fun to sneak in their backyard and move them around a little :)
This is my 1-year-olds favorite book. Our copy is falling apart. What a fabulous story!
Debra Hawkins
For a family tradition my husbands family goes out at midnight on Christmas eve and moves 2 snowman to the porch. We leave this book for them to get Christmas morning. It was very fun!!
I love that book, too!
I usually try to keep myself physically active throughout the winter and have found that that usually helps me feel better.
--Kris (Thomas)
I have never read this book but my little Jack is obsessed with snow and snowmen... he would love this story. Please enter him in the drawing! (I am a friend of Liz and saw her link on her blog!)
I was in the same ward with Liz. My little boy thinks that snowmen are the best! Please enter us in your drawing. :)
This is the cutest idea!
I was in the same ward/worked with Liz and saw this on her blog. What a fun idea! We'd love to be entered in the drawing.
Just the artwork on the cover of the book is enough to make me fall in love with it.
Sign me up!
DI
The Blue Ridge Gal
Great idea! Yeah, January is kind of a weird month. It's the coldest month of the year and all the excitement of the holidays is over. It's sort of a transitional time and a great time to make goals and plans.
I lived next to Liz, when she lived in good old Apple tree Ln. I met you a couple times, although I'm sure you don't remember me! :) I've never read this book, but my 3 yr old loves books, and this sounds so fun! Sign us up, Oh...I hope we win!!
I wish it was warm enough right now to snow. It's way too cold!!!
Building a snowman out of freshly fallen snow would be a treat.
Hi Joann
I was sad to take down the Christmas tree! The house looks so empty.
"Snowmen At Night" looks like a very sweet book! I'd love to win it for my daughter-in-law to read to her kindergarten class. I'm sure as soon as my grandson gets a little older he'll be making snowmen also ...lots of snow where he lives in Colorado!
My January plans are to tackle the areas of the house where clutter accumulates-- I recycled all the paper catalogs I received before Christmas, weeded out the closets of old clothes before putting in the new ( more recycle), and did the same to the bookshelves. Tomorrow I'll finally clean off my desk...lol Instread of spring cleaning it's winter cleaning! :-)
I am also a friend of Liz! I would love to win. My little boy absolutely loves books!
I entered the other day but didn't do it right. Count me in. The book sounds exciting and Curtis and Carley would enjoy it.
Love, Carolyn C.
Post a Comment