Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's still winter!

For those of you who had started wondering if maybe SPRING was just around
the corner, I'm afraid it isn't quite yet. This morning I awoke to the sound of snow shovels scraping the pavement outside. My first reaction was "Oh, no!", but then I remembered that Angie's family needs some snow to use my give-a-way, so I quickly changed my opinion to "Yeah!" (Besides, I'm tired of looking at the gray background. At least it looks clean and fresh again.)

We have had some interesting snow storms during the last few years.

Who can forget the blizzard of 2003?
Liz looks completely dwarfed by the snowy tree!

Robbie (or is it Ken?) had to cut the tree branches off our neighbor's garage roof.

Everything was buried under a thick blanket of snow.

Tree branches covered the back lawn.


We had a long day with no power. Thank goodness our fireplace worked!
We cooked a delicious dinner in our Dutch oven and enjoyed the peace and quiet of a world without television and all the daily interruptions.
That can't be too bad, can it?
(Besides, I'm sure school must have been canceled, too!)

Enjoy the day!

JoAnn



6 comments:

julie said...

We haven't had a good snow storm like that in a long time! You almost make it sound inviting!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You forgot to mention that the Tree branches the size of a normal tree were actually hanging on our power line. That was the most exciting part of the day! That was a fun day. I almost fill that way today. I was just out plowing the snow and it was above my knees in places. Crazy! But oh so beautiful!!!

Holly said...

I think I'll have my mom call YOU next time there is a play in Salt Lake and I don't want to go. :-)

Lacey said...

I love a truly good storm like that 2003 one... but when the snow gets old and sdirty and just sits there forever I get really tired of it. So I was glad for last nights storm, even if I am desparaely waiting for Spring! Maybe I'll need to leave a snonwman on someones porch tonight... :)

Marg said...

Those are some of the best memories...enjoying time in the kitchen with family and watching the snow blow...our event was last year..on Dec.2, 2008. I will send you the link when I get back home...we actually canoed..on our back property being pulled with a tractor...Memories are forever..

Angie McKenna said...

Yay for snow! We were traveling during the last storm and couldn't use our cool snowman kit, so don't give up on the snow yet!