Thursday, January 28, 2010

A scone or a scone?

(photos by Google.com)
It's late and I am tired.
Okay, you ask, why am I still up?

I am waiting for my "scone" dough to raise (rise? It's past my bedtime
and I can't think)!
Tomorrow night we are having Navajo Tacos.
Yum!

Our scone recipe is a family favorite.
We usually make it when we have a big soup party, but this time we are having the tacos.

Tomorrow night some of the "cousins" are getting together to go watch the Grizzlies play hockey and they are coming by here for dinner first.
Hockey games are much more fun on a full stomach. (And way less expensive.)

Did you know that I always visualized the big, fried bread kind of scone when I read my teenage English romantic novels? I always wondered why they would go to all that work
every day at tea time.

Here is one version of English Scones.


I 'm sure they are good, but our recipe is DELICIOUS!

My husband's very proper, petite, 90-something-at-the-time grandmother once ate five or six in one sitting!
(To her credit, they were NOT as big as the one at the top of the blog.)

Well, my discourse on scones is over. The dough is ready to be punched down, covered, and refrigerated. I'm off to bed to dream about the upcoming weekend.
If you have a chance to eat any scones soon, (Navajo or English) remember to curve your little pinky and sip your drink slowly!

If you are interested in the recipe, click on scones below.
(It's at the very bottom of the post. Sorry!)

JoAnn

8 comments:

linda said...

I am proud to call you my sister. You are crazy creative and funny. I would love one of those scones! (I'm not thinking "dainty" or "with tea") Just one the size of a PLATE with butter and honey. yum Have fun!

Katie said...

I have always heard about your scones and how wonderful they are! One day I will get around to making them myself!

However, I do have to say that I LOVE British scones. They are completely different, but oh-so-yummy as well!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha I love you Linda and am glad to call you my aunt. Mom I love your scones and am officially jealous that you are making those tonight with out us. Last time we made the scones they ended up being really thick and we loved it because we cut them open and made our taco's in the middle like a sandwhich. They were much easier to eat and Oh So Yummy!

meg said...

Oh my! Those look delicious! Now I'm going to have to make some scones! Thanks for the recipe. :)

Anonymous said...

The scones were fantastic! Thanks for making them for us. I love them most with honey butter or jam. Too bad we don't make them more often.

Katie C.

bBchronicles said...

I'm thinking 'this' makes my mouth water!!!! STOP, STOP!

Holly said...

What a coincidence, Katie N. and I have been perfecting our British scone recipe and I was going to post about it soon. I'll have to try your recipe!

Small House said...

WE LOVE Navajo tacos. And they scones look delish!! Hope you got a little sleep.